Aspects of the NBE FET Exam
|Name of Exam||NBE FET 2023|
|Full Form||Fellowship Entrance Test|
|Exam Organizing Body||National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Type of Exam||Medical entrance exam|
|Courses in which admission is through NBE FET||FNB courses / Post Doctoral FNB – PD|
|Colleges in which admission is through NBE FET||National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences Accredited institution running FNB/FNB-PD courses|
|Mode of Exam||CBT|
|Educational Qualification to appear in Exam||PG medical degree / provisional pass certificate (MD/MS/DM/MCh/ DNB/DrNB)|
NBE FET 2023 Application Form
NBE FET 2023 Application form will release in January 2023. Before filling the application form candidate must go through the eligibility criteria. The process of filling the application form is mentioned below:
Candidates will be able to download the National board of education 2023 application form from the website.
The Application form can be filled in online mode only.
Candidates need to provide all the asked information.
Candidates should mention the correct information in the application form if the candidate will not fill in the valid information in the application form that the candidate will be disqualified from the further procedure.
Multiple applications from the same candidate would be summarily rejected.
Candidates must keep ready all the documents ready along with a soft copy of the photograph and signature before filling the online application form.
NBE FET 2023 Application Fee
The vital information regarding the NBE FET 2023 application fee is given below:
The Application fee for NBE FET 2023 can be paid through both Online modes only.
Once the Application form is filled and submitted, the candidates can pay the fee.
Candidates have to pay Rs. 4250/- excluding GST and other charges for Fellowship Entrance Exam.
Candidates can pay their fee through credit cards, debit cards, or net banking.
Candidates must go through the NBE FET 2023 Eligibility Criteria 2023 before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria are given in the points mentioned below:
The candidates must have completed their Post Graduate Medical Degree/ Provisional Pass Certificate (MS/MD/DM) by December 31, 2021.
The candidate must have a permanent registration certificate of MBBS qualification.
The candidates waiting for their qualifying exam result after 31 December 2023 will not be eligible to apply for the exam.
The candidates who are already pursuing DM/ Mch or DNB/FNB courses are not eligible to apply for the FET exam.
|S. No.||NBE FET Eligibility Requirements||Sub-speciality|
|1||DNB / MD (Medicine)||Infection Disease|
|2||DNB / MS (General Surgery) / DNB / MS (Ortho) / DNB / MCH (Neuro Surgery) / DNB / MD (Anaesth)||Trauma Care|
|3||DNB / MS (Ortho) / DNB / MCH (Neuro Surgery)||Spine Surgery|
|4||DNB / MD (Ont. Gyna)||High-Risk Pregnancy and Perinatology|
|5||DNB / MD (Pathology / Microbiology / Biochemistry)||Laboratory Medicine|
|6||DNB / MD (Paediatrics)||Paediatrics Intensive Care|
|7||DNB / MD (Paediatrics)||Paediatrics Hemato Oncology|
|8||DNB / MD (Paediatrics) / DNB / MD (Cardiology)||Paediatrics Cardiology|
|9||DNB / MCH (Plastic Surgery) / DNB / MS (Ortho) / DNB /) / MS (General Surgery)||Hand and Micro Surgery|
|10||DNB / MD (Obs. Gyn)||Reproductive Medicine|
|11||DNB / MD (Anaesth)||Cardiac Anaesthesia|
|12||DNB / Md (Medicine) / DNB / MD (Anaesth) / DNB / MD (Res. Medicine)||Critical Care Medicine|
|13||DNB / MS (Ophtal)||Vitreo – Retinal Surgery|
|14||DNB / MS (General Surgery)||Minimum Access Surgery|
|15||DNB / DM (Cardiology)||Interventional Cardiology|
For the preparation of the examination, candidates need to go through the exam pattern first. Candidates can check the National Board of Education FET 2023 Exam Pattern from below which is based on the pattern of the last year-
NBT Fellowship entrance Test 2023 Question Format
Exam Duration 105 minutes(Part A-45 minutes and Part B-60 minutes)
Exam Type Computer Based Test
Total number of Questions 100 Questions
Question type Multiple Choice Question
Four marks will be awarded to correct the response.
One mark will be deducted for an incorrect response.
No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
This exam is conducted in two parts - Part A and Part B. 40% of the questions shall be from all the eligible feeder broad or speciality courses and the remaining 60% shall be from the Fellowship course selected by the candidate at the time of online submission of the application form. Candidates are advised to check the official website or this page for the latest updates or any sort of changes in the exam pattern in the upcoming exam.
Section No. of question Total Marks
Part – A 40 160
Part – B 60 240
|Application Start Date||:||
6th January 2023
|Application End Date||:||
27th January 2023
10th February 2023
7th March 2023
National Board of Examinations (NBE)